Microsoft 365 - Setting up Email on Mobile Devices
While the settings will typically be the same, the setup process will vary by device. This article will explain how to properly add an Exchange account to both Android and Apple devices.
- Install the Microsoft Outlook App form the Google Play Store. Once the install is complete, open the application.
- Tap Get Started.
- If you see the Outlook logo, tap Get Started.
- If you see your Inbox, tap Settings.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 email address.
- Tap Continue.
- You will see a Microsoft login screen; enter your password, and tap Sign in.
- You will be asked to add another Microsoft 365 email account. You may skip this step if you do not have additional accounts to set up or wish to set up later.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Accounts & Passwords.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Exchange.
- Enter your Exchange Email Address and a short description (like your company's name).
- Tap Next.
- You may be prompted to "Sign in to your Exchange account using Microsoft".
- If you select Configure Manually, you will be directed to a screen with your email pre-filled, and empty fields for the password, server, domain, and username.
- If you select Sign In, you will be taken to a Microsoft login screen.
- Tap Sign In.
- After you have successfully logged in, you will see a Microsoft screen asking you to grant account permissions to your phone's mail app. Click Accept.
- If this is your first time logging in to your Microsoft 365 account, you will be prompted to reset your password.
- Make sure you have selected all the features you want to be enabled on your phone and tap Save.
- Return to your home screen and open the Mail app. Here, you should see your email messages in your new inbox.
Your email messages will show up in your inbox. To ensure you can send and receive messages, send yourself a test email from another address.
If you have difficulty with the setup process, turn off your wifi, and follow these steps again.